This guide addresses some of the most common questions that arise with a Shopify implementation of Stamped. Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a question that is not addressed below.
In This Guide
- Why does the Review Widget not appear on my store after I have installed the app?
- It seems that only the Main Review Widget was automatically installed in my theme? How about the Star Rating Badges?
- The Display Widget does not seem to display all my reviews.
- How do I install the Display Widgets in my store?
- I have changed/updated my theme and none of the Widgets are showing up now?
- I can see the Widget, but the buttons/pagination does not seem to be working?
- I have installed the app, what's next? Do I have to do anything to generate the review emails?
- I can't seem to log into the app using my email address, help!
- I am seeing the error message "It seems that Stamped Widget codes isn't detected in your theme".
- Why does the Review Widget not appear in my store after I have installed the app?
Our installation script is unable to cover every type of theme in Shopify, so there will be cases where the widget code does not install. We recommend using the following guide to assist you with manual installation of the widget - it's fast and allows additional code-level customization.
- It seems that only the Main Review Widget was automatically installed in my theme. How do I install the Star Ratings Badge?
Our installation script only covers the Main Review Widget and script. The Star Ratings Badge is manually installed with the following guide.
- The Display Widget does not seem to display all of my reviews.
Our Display Widgets (with the exception of the Main Review Widget) only display 5-star reviews by default. On Vintage Shopify Themes, the "minimum rating" attribute can be modified to adjust this, see below:
For Shopify 2.0, you can find the "Minimum Rating" attribute in the Shopify Theme Editor:
Another possible cause is incomplete product information for imported reviews (missing product image, title etc.). We strongly recommend importing your reviews following the steps in our importer guide closely, and ensuring all mandatory fields are included. If you have already imported the reviews in bulk, please email us at email@example.com for further assistance.
How do I install Display Widgets in my store?
Please see our guide here.
I have changed or updated my theme and none of the Stamped Widgets are showing up. Do I need to reinstall them?
The Review Widgets will have to be reinstalled with a change/update of theme using the following guide.
I can see the widget, but the buttons/pagination does not seem to be working.
This is likely due to a missing script in the theme. You can install the script using this guide.
- I have installed the app. What's next? Do I have to do anything to generate review request emails?
Review request emails will start generating for any new orders once the app is installed, and will be sent out on the scheduled date. By default, this is 14 days after fulfillment, but is editable from your Email Sequence Settings section in the Stamped dashboard. Review requests can be disabled from the same location.
We recommend the following guides to assist you with setting up the app:
Getting Started - Shopify
Setup - Tips and Best Practice for Customizing Review Requests
- I can't seem to log into the app using my email address.
Some Shopify users must log in to Stamped through Shopify's admin app page due to initial configuration. If you are unable to log in via either Stamped's website or the Shopify App Admin, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I am seeing the error message "It seems that Stamped widget code isn't detected in your theme".
This sometimes occurs for non-standard widget setups in Shopify Vintage Themes, based on our application checking for a few specific lines in your theme. The error message can be ignored if the Main Review Widget is showing up on your store's product pages. If you have accidentally pressed the button and created a duplicate Widget, it can be removed by deleting the widget code in the last line of the product.liquid file.