Using SMS, instead of email or phone calls, results in a higher rate of engagement and has a higher response rate. Customizable SMS reviews can be linked to product purchases, allowing you to gather more detail about the customer experience.
Communicating with customers through personalized SMS review requests doesn't just help you complete that task. It's also a part of relationship building that turns one-time buyers into repeat customers. With an authentic back-and-forth between you and your customers, you can turn repeat customers into brand ambassadors, sharing what they enjoy about your company with their friends and on social media.
Keep reading to learn how to enable SMS, manage your SMS credits, and more!
Note: The feature is only available for United States, Canada, and India stores currently.
In This Guide
How To Enable The SMS Feature
- Navigate to Settings - Customize - Reviews - Email Sequence
- Create a new sequence. You will see the SMS option from the second sequence onwards. The SMS option can only be enabled for one sequence per account.
- Update the message for the SMS sequence, take note that there's a character limit of 320 for SMS messages.
Topping Up SMS Credits
A certain amount of SMS credits are included in each pricing tier, and you may need to add additional credits to send out the amount of SMS review requests that makes sense for your monthly order volumes.
- Head over to Settings - Billings.
- Click on "Add to balance" under SMS Balance:
A pop-up modal will show to confirm the amount you would like to top-up for the SMS credits. An approximation of the number of SMSes covered will be shown as well:
Click on 'Complete Order' and the top-up amount will be charged to the same credit card as your plan billing.