This guide is intended to show you how to set up Custom Forms. To get an idea of what the custom form feature is all about, head over to our overview guide.
In This Guide
- Navigating To Custom Forms Setting
- Creating A New Custom Form
- Available Options for Display of Scale Custom Form Answers
Navigating To Custom Forms Setting
Creating A New Custom Form
Stamped automatically provides a default Custom Form starting template that can be enabled. By default, this is shown for all products but can be modified.
There are 3 custom form settings, as shown:
- Title: Name the title of the custom form.
- Rules: Set the rules in which the custom form will be activated.
- Questions: The main content of the custom form.
Rules allow you to determine when the custom form will be shown. For example: for an apparel store, a custom form can be created for pants, another for tops, and perhaps one more for shoes.
Note: Rules do not apply to the custom form - create another if you'd like to add rules-based display.
There are three types of rules that can be created: Product Type, Product Title, and Product ID. They can be a combination of any type within the form.
- Product Type: Available as a property in certain ecommerce platforms (eg. pants, tops, dress,es etc.)
- Product Title: Title of the product
- Product ID: If you are unsure of the product ID, use this guide to find it.
Stamped showcases 4 types of questions that can be added to your custom form: Checkbox, Radio, Scale, and Textbox. Below are the examples of each type of question:
Setting up the questions is simple. There are 4 common settings for every custom form question:
- Question: The question that will be shown to customers in the review submission form.
- Display title (Optional): The display title when custom form is used as a filter on the reviews widget.
- Public: This controls whether this custom form question appears in the associated product Reviews widget. Unchecking it will change the question to only be visible in the dashboard.
- Required: Unchecking this will change the question to become optional in the review submission form.
Available options for display of scale custom form answers
You can change the appearance of the scale custom form answers over in Widgets - Main Widget - Customizations - Custom form scale type:
There are two display options available: