SPF (Sender Policy Framework) and DKIM (DomainKeys Identified Mail) are email authentication protocols that help to verify the authenticity of emails sent from a domain. You must complete this step before using Stamped. Without configuring this, your review requests will not successfully deliver.
In this process, you will retrieve the DNS records from Stamped, add them to the Domain Registrar in your Domain Control Panel, and then validate the records.
In This Guide
Retrieving your DNS records
Follow these steps to retrieve your DNS records:
- Start in your Stamped Dashboard
- Go to Settings > General > Deliverability
- Click Get DNS Records for yourstore.com button
- The records may already be present. If that's the case, this step is skipped automatically
- You will see a list of records to add to your Domain Registrar. For example
- These are sample images. Please head to your Stamped Dashboard as your SPF/DKIM records are different.
Adding the Records
Once you've collected the records, it's time to add them to your ESP.
For the following domain hosts, please click on it for the instructions on how to add the DNS records:
- Google Domains
- 1&1 IONOS
- Network Solutions
- The custom DNS records are required only when you set up your own email address as the From Email address instead of the default email address, i.e., firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Most domain registrars automatically add the domain extension to CNAME records, as such you will need to be sure to remove ".yourdomain.com" from the end of each host/name while creating them.
- Domain registrars like BigCommerce require you to add the domain extension.
- Some registrars may not allow underscore in the Name/Host fields. In that case, you can either contact the domain registrar to create the records on the back end or reach us to update the recommended Name/Host for you.
- Cloudflare users take note–the proxy needs to be disabled in the newly added records:
Steps to add your records to GoDaddy
Follow the instructions in this guide from GoDaddy.
- Select your domain name in the list to access the Domain Settings page.
- Go Additional Settings and select Manage DNS.
- Under Records, find the add button to insert new records.
- Add the records according the values given in the deliverability settings in your Stamped account: https://go.stamped.io/v3/#/settings/spfdkim. Here's an example of how the records should be added, with the domain name excluded under the "name" field.
Note: Your account's value will differ from the screenshot below
Validating The Records
After the CNAME records are added, click on "Validate Records" back in the deliverability settings in Stamped's dashboard
We confirm the records are successfully verified with three green ticks. For example:
Note: It can take up to 72 hours for the DNS records to be propagated before validation can be completed.