To avoid publishing reviews containing inappropriate language, you can activate the profanity filter to automatically censor any words or phrases you don't want visible.
You can choose to only censor specific words, which will appear as asterisks (***), or you can hide reviews containing profanity entirely.
In This Guide
Enabling The Filter
Head over to Settings - Exclusions:
Adding words to Allow / Deny Lists
Once the filter is enabled, you will be able to override the filter by adding words to the Allow list or Deny list.
- Allow list: Words added will be excluded from the profanity filter.
- Deny list: Words added will be included in the profanity filter.
Censoring or Hiding reviews entirely
You have two primary options available for how you handle profanity.
- Censor specific words:
- This will result in the censored word appearing as asterisks (***). The remainder of the review/question content will still display on your widgets.
- Hide the entire review or Q&A
- This will remove the entire review from being visible in your widgets.