Adding photos and videos to your product reviews can improve your conversion rate by 4x. Follow this guide to easily ask your customers for photos and videos in their reviews.
- Photo reviews are available on all paid plans. Each review is limited to a maximum of 3 photos.
- Video reviews are available on Business, Pro, and Enterprise plans.
- You will not see photo or video reviews in your test emails.
In This Guide
- Why Photo and Video Reviews Boost Conversions
- Enabling The Photo/Video Upload Feature
- Editing and Rotating Photos
- Publishing and Un-publishing Photos & Videos
- How to Watermark Photos
- How to Upload Videos
Why Photo and Video Reviews Boost Conversions
Photo and video reviews from customers have the power to raise brand awareness, increase conversions, drive sales, and build your community. 60% of customers prefer photo reviews and they can lead to a 4x higher conversion rate on your product pages. Additionally, they can be repurposed as UGC (user-generated content) across your marketing and social channels, driving even more traffic and revenue.
Just like your text reviews, photos and videos are submitted by customers in the review form:
- Your customer receives a review request via email or SMS & completes the review
- Your customer is then redirected to the Image / Video submission page, where they are asked to upload images of the product
- Note, the customer can skip the photo or video if they prefer a text only reviewT
- Once they add the image or video, they are redirected to your thank you page
Here's an image of the review collection process for the customer:
Enabling The Photo/Video Upload Feature
- Settings - Customize - Reviews - Photos & Videos
- Select the checkbox for 'Photos Upload' or 'Video Upload', depending on the feature you would like to enable
- Click on 'Save' on the right side of the page
Editing and Rotating Photos
In the dashboard, you can moderate the photo review submission by rotating the photo's orientation with the button in the top-right corner of the photo when mousing over it.
Publishing and Un-publishing Photos & Videos
Under the same section within the review details, the individual photos & videos can be published/unpublished by clicking on the eye icon:
How to Watermark Photos
You can add your store logo as a watermark to customer-uploaded photos. This can prevent copyright thefts and emphasizes your branding when using these photos as UGC.
To watermark photos:
- Go to your Dashboard > Settings > Customize > Reviews > Photos & Videos
- Check Photos Watermark > Upload the Watermark Image
- Click on Save
Note: The watermark image must be at least 150px in width.
The watermarked photo will look like this:
How to Upload Videos
Once the video upload feature is enabled, users can submit Video files (.avi and .mp4 format only) using the same Add Photos button that appears on the review submission form. This button will allow video submission as long as the feature is enabled in the dashboard.